Estate Planning Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Compassionate Los Angeles County Legal Services
Many people assume that estate planning is about planning for when you die. Estate planning is actually making the necessary preparations for the people you love the most. It’s about ensuring that your family and loved ones are protected, even when you aren’t able to be there for them.
Our team at The Weg Law Group is approachable and professional. Our goal is to empower clients to feel confident that their estate planning is being handled by skilled and qualified professionals. We use our extensive resources and knowledge of California law to help you create a plan to protect your loved ones.
Give us a call today to find out more about our estate planning services.
What Estate Planning Services Do We Offer?
We proudly offer the following estate planning services for clients throughout Southern California:
- Powers of Attorneys
- Special Needs Planning
- Succession Planning
- Asset Protection
- Advance Directives
- Inheritance Law
Everyone’s estate is unique. At The Weg Law Group we take the time to discuss your unique situation and create a plan specific to you and your family.
What Estate Planning Errors Should You Avoid?
When it comes to estate planning matters, our lawyers have seen it all. Here are three of the biggest estate planning errors that we commonly see people make:
- Not Planning at All: Although it may be unpleasant to think about, you need to have a thoughtful plan in place. Estate planning is one of the most important things you can do to make sure your affairs will be handled properly after you are gone.
- Forgetting to Update the Will or Trust: If you have recently experienced any major life events, such as divorce, the death of a family member, or the acquisition of new property, you should update your will or trust to provide for these changes.
- Forgetting to Transfer Life Insurance Policies: Although you might have life insurance, it can take months for your family to obtain payment after you pass. Setting up a life insurance trust can ensure your loved ones receive the proceeds as soon as possible.
Why Should You Have an Estate Plan?
Are you a homeowner? Estate planning can provide many benefits for you and your family. An estate plan leaves nothing to chance and confirms that all your assets are accounted for.
Benefits of having an estate plan include the following:
- Avoiding Probate
- Providing for Your Family/Loved Ones
- Reducing Expenses
- Quickly Distributing Assets
- Protecting Your Children
- Planning for a Smooth Retirement Transition
The experienced estate planning professionals at The Weg Law Group are here to help guide you through the process.
What Does Estate Planning Include?
Regardless of your wealth or family situation, anyone can benefit from having an estate plan. A comprehensive estate plan includes a variety of documents that specify how you would like your assets distributed to your loved ones after your passing or during your incapacity.
A comprehensive estate plan includes the following:
- Living or Irrevocable Trust
- Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Directive
- Beneficiary Forms
- Letter of Intent
The legal team at The Weg Law Group has broad knowledge of the process. We are here to help guide you through all of the necessary documents.
Contact Our Estate Planning Team
Do you want to find out more about the many ways estate planning can benefit your family and help you protect your legacy? Get in touch with our dedicated lawyers at The Weg Law Group to discuss your estate planning needs so we can draft a comprehensive estate plan that will help you achieve your goals.
20+ Years of Legal Experience
Tailored Solutions for Each Client
Flat-Rate Fees for Services
Free In-Person & Phone Consultations
Geoff went above and beyond what was expected.- Former Client
Geoff was amazing!- Former Client
They were punctual and efficient- Former Client
Honest, kind, and sincere attorney.- Former Client
Geoff communicated with me every step of the way- Former Client